To set Ecosia as your default search in Safari, visit this page and follow the on-screen instructions.
1. Click "Add to Safari"
2. You'll see the Ecosia Extension Installer download into your computer. Find and open the Downloads folder on your Mac.
3. Open the Ecosia Extension Installer in the folder (usually by double-clicking).
4. Choose "Trust" in the Safari dialogue box that appears.
5. Close the Safari Extensions panel.
6. Finished! Ecosia is now your default search engine in Safari.
All searches via your Safari URL bar will now use Ecosia. Make Ecosia your homepage or update extension settings in Safari's Preferences panel.