Since its foundation in 2009, Ecosia was conceptualized as a social business. Being a social business means being a hybrid between a non-profit and a full-profit business. This means that we are very interested in scaling our product and making it as high-performing and profitable as possible, so we can have the biggest positive impact on a good cause. In our case this good cause is tree planting.
Articles in this section
- How does Ecosia make money?
- How much money does Ecosia earn and how much goes towards tree planting?
- What does it mean to be a social business?
- Does Ecosia accept donations?
- How does Ecosia neutralize a search's CO2 emissions?
- How do I get Ecosia to support my project?
- How long does it take to process payments to partners for each month's clicks?