How much money does Ecosia earn? How much does it put towards tree planting projects?

Ecosia has two main sources of income, EcoAds and EcoLinks. With our income, we pay our currently 17 team members, we pay our office rent, cover our server and hosting costs, make marketing and IT investments, etc. We then use at least 80 percent of our surplus income from EcoAds and EcoLinks to finance the "Greening the Desert" program in Burkina Faso. At the moment, this amounts to roughly $50,000 to $70,000 per month. We use the remaining 20 percent to save for future investments to implement new features into the search experience. In the meantime, the funds get invested into renewable energy at Germany's first sustainable bank, GLS.

For proof of Ecosia's financial support to WeForest's Greening the Desert program and a more detailed overview of our monthly earnings, costs and payments, please see our monthly business reports and tree planting receipts.

Have more questions? Submit a request

0 Comments

Please sign in to leave a comment.