No. There was a time before flat screens and laptops when large desktop monitors required slightly less energy to display the color black, as opposed to other colors like green or white. This is no longer the case with modern LCD technology.
Articles in this section
- How does Ecosia guide you to greener search results?
- How does the personal counter work?
- How do search engines work?
- Where do Ecosia's search results come from?
- What are Ecosia's main features and advantages?
- What are "personalized search results"?
- Is Ecosia's search partner, Bing, CO2-neutral?
- Why was my personal counter reset to ‘1’?
- Does Ecosia have a black background to save energy?